I did a Google search on “reasons why you should be on Facebook” and I couldn’t find someone with a list of 10 reasons. I did however, find “7 Reasons Why Web Designers Should Use Facebook Apps” and Four Reasons Why You Should Be On Facebook. I did find several “top ten reasons why you should quit Facebook”. But that’s another story. So I’ve come up with 10 reasons why you SHOULD join Facebook. You’re very welcome to either agree or disagree with me.
- No Facebook, No identity. See, if you were a criminal this will be a positive thing. But you are not a criminal so people should know you. They should befriend you. Facebook is also a great way to market yourself. This could be beneficial in your career, social and even personal life. Big brands like CNN, BBC, Hershey’s, Nestle, etc. all have Facebook accounts. They are wealthy trendsetters so we should just follow.
- Only SNOBS are too good for Facebook. Let’s face it, those who aren’t on Facebook think they’re too cool for school. I only know a handful of people who aren’t on Facebook. Some of them are dead so they can’t create accounts. The rest are snobs.
- Join the Facebook clan. If you are on Facebook you are part of the social family…and if you’re active, you might even be someone’s best online buddy. “Whatever happened to meeting people face-to-face?” Well, believe it or not the internet is where it’s at. Facebook is the new face-to-face.
- Keep yourself up-to-date with technology…and life. Some of my colleagues don’t have a Facebook page…and I work in the IT sector. It’s downright ridiculous to be in the IT field and not keep yourself updated with the latest technology trends. R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S. You’re going to spend your whole life coming up with a master idea, only to find out it’s already been invented. That’s what happens if you don’t keep up. Same thing with the lives of your entourage…they tell you about it through status messages and photos, so pay attention.
- Bye-bye permanent tattoos. Ever felt the need to define who you are through ink embedded in your skin just so everyone around you will be able to read it and understand what you’re going through? With Facebook, you no longer have to pay to get the word out. Just type it up on your status message for everyone to read, and down the road when you feel like using another definition or graphic image, you can upload a new one. No fees. Think about it.
- Facebook is fun. Let’s face it, Mark & his gang are visionaries. They offer us the latest social networking features, making the web a socially interactive place to be. Live chat, status message, media-sharing, PMs, email & email responses, birthday reminders, tagging, notes, etc. Now THAT is FUN.
- Facebook is a world without ‘dislike’.
- Facebook connects and reconnects you with lost friends and relatives. It’s true…I now have all my cousins from both sides of the family on my friends list. I also have ex-classmates who have found me on Facebook. It really is amazing.
- Get your FREE subdomain / page at Facebook. Facebook is the most popular social networking platform today. It can therefore be used as a marketing tool. Build a page, share it, get people to share it, and get worldwide exposure for your business.
- Connect worldwide, and exchange. Facebook is after all, a social networking website. You get to add real people with real profiles to your friends list, get to know them and learn a few things about their country, and culture. You can exchange ideas, or in my case, exchange viewcards to expand my already-growing collection. You’ll be surprised how many like-minded people you can meet on a social networking site.
Use Facebook wisely. If you’re smart and optimistic, you will be able to find a purpose that works for you. Customize your privacy settings, choose what you say and what you don’t and you could really enjoy the experience.