If you check various logos, you will realize that the logos are broadly divided into three categories: Text logo, symbol logo and text and symbol logo. Every logo design has its own features and depending upon your business model. you can use any of these three design styles.
Text logo- The text logo commonly showcases the company’s name. You can use a few graphic elements such as borders and boxes in the text logo, but the graphic elements must not overshadow the text. A text logo is useful when your company have these features.
1. If your company name is made of two or three words that sound well together, using the company name in design is a good choice. Text only logos also look very neat and clean. A great example of text only logo is Coca Cola.
2. If your business is unique or you are pioneering in a completely new business field then using the company name in logo design is reasonable. For instance, Google made the concept of search engine famous and their name has now become synonymous with searching. It became so famous that Merriam Webster dictionary gave it a place in their book.
3. The possibility of logo design getting outdated is almost zero
4. If you have a unique business name then copyright infringement chances are much lower.
Symbol logo- Symbol only logos are the toughest to design. You have to be very creative to come up with a symbol or shape that will establish the company’ brand identity. Symbol logo is useful when your business have these features.
1. If you already own a famous company and everyone knows what you do, then designing a symbol only logo can be useful for you.
2. If you are using a text logo so far and now want to redesign the logo, symbol only logo is appropriate for your needs.
3. You don’t want that customers confuse your brand with another company, because there is another company that sounds the same.
4. You can invest in symbol only logo, if you have enough money to promote your logo and make people aware about its meaning.
Text and Symbol combination design- When you combine a symbol with the company name in the logo design, it becomes easier for the target market to recognize you. A combination logo is apt for you when…
- This type of logo informs the viewers what your business is all about with the graphics design, and the text informs them your brand name.
- If you don’t have enough money to promote a symbol only logo like Apple or not famous like Google or Yahoo, then combination logo allows you to build your brand identity more effectively.
- You can protect the copyright easily. Due to the fusion of text and graphics it becomes tougher for the copycats to steal your design.
These three styles are useful and have their own benefits. If you have a reputed company then symbol logo is good for you. But if you are just starting your company, then a graphics and text combination logo is the safest choice for you.
Author Bio: Logo Design India provides top quality logo designs at affordable prices to companies worldwide. The company has authored several articles on logo design, their use and business strategy.